Are you coming to Emetrics?
It occurred to me today that by this time next week I will have already given my “Guru” presentation at Emetrics and will be dining with some of the brightest minds in the web analytics industry. While I have been almost zealous in my recommendation of Jim’s conference for the past six years (am I “old school”, or just “old” … you decide) I have to say I am excited about this particular event more than any other.
Why, you ask?
- Robbin’s “Birds of a Feather” Web Analytics Blogger’s luncheon on Monday, which I think was not Robbin’s idea but nonetheless is a wonderful idea! There are dozens of web analytics bloggers now, many of whom will be at the conference, and we’re having a private little meet-up. This is cool since my friend Judah can join us now, having recently joined the blogosphere!
- Great looking presentations from some of my favorite people in the industry, including Jim Sterne, Jason and Shane, Brett Crosby, Megan Burns, Robbin, Jason Palmer, John Marshall, Bill Gassman, Seth Romanow, Jodi McDermott, Jen Veesenmeyer, Rand Schulman, Josh Manion, Ian Houston and Judah Phillips, Kevin Heisler, Eric Hansen, Bryan Eisenberg, Bob Chatham, Gary Angel, … okay, so I pretty much just listed half of the presenters. As I look at that, do any of you remember when vendors weren’t allowed to present? I used to be special …
- Even greater looking presentations from a ton of people I know of but have never had the chance to meet formally, including Tim Kopp, Lou Rosenfeld and Rich Wiggins, Patrick Moran, Chris Gemignani, Paul Holstein, Lissa Gatz, and more!
- The Web Analytics Wednesday on Tuesday special event, which Jim and Matthew have graciously allowed to occur (and more importantly, have fully funded so we can have drinks, etc!) Are you already signed up? If not, sign up right now!
- Most importantly, I get to present to the entire audience this time in my “Guru Session” where, despite what you’ll read in the literature, I will be sharing the results of my recent web analytics survey. If you’re a data junkie like me, I promise that you will not be disappointed by my presentation.
Plus, the last five minutes of my presentation are not to be missed! Trust me on this one … there was one number that came out of the research that more than any will change our understanding of the web analytics industry forever. Sadly, you’ll have to wait until 4:45 PM on Monday, May 7th to hear what it was.
Anyway, if you’re coming to Emetrics and you’d like to get together please let me know. I will be in Sunday and in-and-out of the WAA training day so will have tons of time to sit down with folks and catch up.
Oh, if you have another minute, check out this humorous tribute Rene and Aurelie did for Jim Sterne.