I am a podcast addict! I listen to many podcasts to get me news and for professional reasons. Recently, I came across a great podcast called Everyone Hates Marketers, by Louis Grenier. Louis works for Hotjar, which is a technology I wrote about late last year. His podcast interviews some of the coolest people in Marketing and attempts to get rid of many of the things that Marketers do that annoy people. Some of my favorite episodes were the ones with Seth Godin, DHH from Basecamp and Rand Fishkin. This week, I am honored to be on the podcast to talk about digital analytics. You can check out my episode here, in which I share some of my experiences and stories throughout my 15 years in the field.
There is a lot of great content in the Everyone Hates Marketers podcast and I highly recommend you check it out if you want to get a broader marketing perspective to augment the great stuff you can learn from the more analytics-industry focused Digital Analytics Power Hour.
While I am discussing podcasts, here are some of my other favorites:
- Recode Decode – Great tech industry updates from the best interviewer in the business – Kara Swisher
- Too Embarrassed to Ask – This podcast shares specifics about consumer tech stuff with Lauren Goode and Kara Swisher
- NPR Politics – Good show to keep updated on all things politics
- How I Built This – Podcast that goes behind the scenes with the founders of some of the most successful companies
- Masters of Scale – Great podcast by Reid Hoffman about how startups work and practical tips from leading entrepreneurs
- Rework – Podcast by Basecamp that shares tips about working better
If you need a break from work-related podcasts, I suggest the following non work-related podcasts:
- West Wing Weekly – This is a fun show to listen to and re-visit each episode of the classic television series “The West Wing”
- Filmspotting – This one is a bit long, but provides great insights into current and old movies
Here is to a 2018 filled with new insights and learning!