The Web Analytics Association NEEDS YOU!
I was chatting with my good friend Bryan Eisenberg today and he reminded me that the WAA call for nominations to the board of directors is STILL OPEN but is closing soon. You can review the requirements and nomination process on the WAA web site but there is more you should know:
- Bryan expressed that the current board is really looking for a practitioner as they have a number of consultants and vendors already represented. Nothing wrong with consultants and vendors … I mean hey, I think I’m technically both of those things … but the board needs some real-life, roll-up-your-sleeves web analytics practitioners to help shape the future of the association.
- My personal observation is that the board is kinda guy-heavy right now (apologies to Andrea and Shubhra) so if you happen to be, umm, not a guy, and if you’re a practitioner, that would be an extra-added benefit to all us normal WAA member folks out here.
- Another observation is that most of the people on the board are incredibly busy. Chris D’allesandro and Clint Ivy are too busy to blog. Jim Sterne is so busy he has to email us about his whereabouts from time to time. And Seth Romanow has a new job with Microsoft that is keeping him on his toes. Perhaps the reason that Bryan is looking for a practitioner is that they actually have the luxury of going home at night?
But enough of the soft stuff. Here are three people I’d like to see run for the board of directors and would get my vote (several times since I know how to delete my SurveyMonkey cookie!)
- Kristen Findley from Ameriprise. Anyone smart enough to use a lava lamp to drive interest in web analytics is getting my vote.
- Jodi McDermott from InPhonic. I had the pleasure of working with Jodi when she was at Visual Sciences and she’s as sharp as they come.
- Avinash Kaushik from Intuit. Yes, Avinash is a guy, but he’s the nicest damn guy I have ever met so he’s still getting my vote.
I’ll apologize in advance if any of my three candidates is uninterested or doesn’t have the time since I’m still going to write you in on the ballot.
Anyway, check out the nomination requirements and process ASAP since the time to vote is drawing near!