Oct. 25th: 1-Day Workshop in San Francisco – Intro to R for the Digital Analyst
I’ll be conducting a small (up to 8 students) hands-on workshop that is an introduction to R for the digital analyst in San Francisco on Wednesday, October 25th.
If you are a digital analyst who is looking to dive into R, this 1-day intensive hands-on training is for you. This class is intended for digital analysts who are just getting started with R or who have tried to use R but have not successfully put it to use on a regular basis.
The course is a combination of lecture and hands-on examples, with the goal being that every attendee leaves the class with a basic understanding of:
- The syntax and structure of the R platform — packages, basic operations, data types, etc.
- How to navigate the RStudio interface — the script editor, the console, the environment pane, and the viewer
- How to pull data from web analytics platforms (Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics) using R and the platforms’ APIs
- The basics of transforming and manipulating data using R (base R vs. dplyr, with an emphasis on the latter — you don’t need to understand what that means to take the course; we’ll cover it!)
- The “grammar of graphics” for data visualization (the paradigm for visualizing data in R using the most popular package for doing so — ggplot2)
- Tips for troubleshooting R scripts (and writing code that can be readily troubleshot!)
- The various options for producing deliverables directly from R
All of the material presented and applied during the class, as well as more advanced topics that cannot be covered in a one-day course, will be available to the students for reference as they put the material in to practice following the class.
Students are expected to bring their own laptops. There will be communication prior to the class to ensure the required software (all free/open source) is installed and working.
- Date: Wednesday, October 25th
- Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Location: Elite SEM, 100 Bush St. #845, San Francisco, CA 94104
- Cost: $895
- Registration: click here to register
Contact tim at analyticsdemystified dot com with any questions you have regarding the course.